If you’ve been waiting to purchase Obihai Technology’s OBi110 at a lower price, keep your eye on Amazon on Tuesday, Feb. 21.
The powerful VoIP adaptor normally sells for $49.99, but is expected to be well-discounted when Amazon features it as a Lightning Deal beginning at 10 am PST. In past sales, the retailer has offered the device at a 15 percent discount with free shipping within the US, leading to a flurry of posts in deal hunting sites such as Slickdeals.net and FatWallet.com.
The OBi110, developed by the engineers behind Cisco’s SPA series of VoIP adaptors, has supplanted Cisco’s flagship SPA3102 as the industry leader in consumer-level VoIP adaptor by offering a sophisticated feature set easily managed through an intuitive web-based configuration portal. The device was named the Consumer VoIP Product of 2011 by Voxilla.
- The ability to make US/Canada calls and receive calls for free using Google Voice and a standard telephone handset. Currently, the OBi110 is the only VoIP adaptor to fully support Google’s free phone service);
- Easy guided installation of low-cost Emergency 911 coverage through services such as CallCentric, VoIP.ms and others;
- Call bridging capabilities from any phone and across any two VoIP services (i.e.: a PSTN line and a VoIP account, or between two separate VoIP accounts);
- Free HD-quality calling between any two OBi devices;
- Free Android and iPhone apps that connect remotely to the device to make and receive calls.
UPDATE: The OBi110 Amazon Lightning Deal is now up, and the device is priced at $42.99, or $1.00 less than it’s baby brother, the OBi100. The price is valid until 2 pm PST, or until an undisclosed number of units released at that price sell out.