It’s been about eight hours since we launched the new Voxilla content site, and nothing has broken yet.
That’s a testament to the tremendous work done by Eric Chamberlain, Voxilla’s Director of Engineering, and his talented team of coders and designers who, for the past 12 weeks, have worked with little sleep (and lots of diet Dr. Pepper) to completely overhaul our editorial presentation. Here’s a partial list of what they accomplished:
* A complete transition of the editorial site from tired PostNuke content management system to the much sleeker and more powerful Joomla CMS;
* A complete migration of tens of thousands of posts from our cranky and quickly aging forum system to vBulletin;
* Migrating thousands of content items from the old system to the new without losing existing link functionality;
* Moving tens of thousands of registered users over to the new system;
* Development of entire new ways of presenting content, and for providing enhanced reader participation and interaction, including full product reviews.
There are still some tweaks left to do (and I’m sure you’ll let us know about them), but that’s for another day. Today, we celebrate . . . and take a five minute breather.